I love music, always have. When no one else was around to support me or money was tight or I was sick or anytime the going got tough music was always there for me, my best friend. Music cheers me up, energizes me, calms me down, makes me nostalgic and brings back fond memories. Music’s profound impact is obvious on individuals, groups, and entire cultures. There is a lot of research to show why music has so much influence on people and I will show this in a future post.
In the meantime here a short list of songs often considered as the most widely known and powerful of all time.
Historical (In western culture):
- Ode to Joy. Part of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony
- Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony.
- “Hallelujah Chorus” George F. Handel
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik” by Wolfgang A. Mozart
- “William Tell Overture” by Gioachino Rossini
- “Toccata in d minor” by Johann S. Bach
- Fur Elise by Beethoven
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Richard Strauss
Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner
- The Four Seasons; Antonio Vivaldi
A short list among dozens worth listening to, any lover of music should know these and more. Here is a great list of 200 classics for your enjoyment.
There are many great lists around the web and they are all worth exploring. Whatever your taste in music is you can find amazing suggestions all around. There are many absolute wonders for the ears just waiting to be found. It’s worth searching for that perfect song because when you find it words can not describe how great the feeling is.