December is always a bad month for the blog but good for me. I’m a parent and so December is a magical time of year but it’s also a very busy time of year so posting new material is very hard to do on a regular basis and so my apologies to regular readers. The blog has plenty of ground to cover for the new year but first a holiday post and thoughts and reflections on the past year.
What a powerful time of year for millions. A lot of religious holidays and for the non-religious winter solstice is here. A surprising many people simply celebrate a time to share and be together with friends and family. Whatever your reason for celebrating if you live in the western world you very likely are celebrating something in December. We all know the dangers of the commercialization of the holidays but it is a great time to remember things everyone, not matter what religion or belief can and should be reflecting on:
- The spirit of giving: Celebrating generosity and charity.
- Family and relationships: Being grateful for having our loved ones.
- Lessons from the past year, the good and bad.
Reflections From 2017
This past year year has been one of quite a bit of positive change to the blog.
- Not anti-religion but pro-happiness: This blog used to be quite anti-religion but it’s now our firm belief that the dangers of religion are already known to majority of the readers this blog reaches. Even if this is not the case taking a more positive approach will have a better long term effect on helping people leave religion behind. Helping people be happy free of religion is just a better way in all aspects.
- Embrace the humanities: Psychology and philosophy already have more relevant facts and reflections on living a happy life than this blog could ever hope to share and so that is now our primary content.
- Journal: A more personal addition to the blog. This helps everyone see it’s a real person (I even added my picture) behind the words.
Going into 2018
A surprising fact: I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions. We should all be resolving to make things better far more often than once a year. If you’ve ever worked in the fitness industry you will know how bad new year’s resolutions are: a sudden influx of fitness club members from Jan-to March. In March or April it’s right back down to normal again, a sad reflection on unrealistic goals and the fragility of new year’s resolutions. However, we do have a few goals for 2018:
- To break even: Right now this blog is paid out of my own pocket. It would be great to even make enough in a year to pay for the blog itself. Should we even get to the point of profit then we can start donating to charities. At that point we are not only able to donate to charity we are also reaching enough people with our message of hope to make the blog make money, very positive indeed.
- Reach more people: Hopefully social networking works for us this year. A happy life is possible free of religions and superstitions and it is our hope a lot more people see that this year.
- Publish the Hope page: Create enough content that the Hope page becomes a place people can go and at least get started on a more psychologically healthy life.
Whatever you are doing through the holidays and whatever your goals keep them positive and you can’t go wrong. Thank you to everyone who reads this blog, we appreciate your support and most of all: